My Grandma - Was Always Two Steps Ahead of Me

My mom gave me an article that my grandma cut out of The Prairie Farmer Magazine dated September 4, 1982 (I was a brand new 2nd grader at that time).  I was shocked when I saw who the article was about - Don Aslett, author of Clutter's Last Stand, The Office Clutter Cure and Weekend Makeover to name a few.  When I first started out as an organizer, I read all of the above mentioned books.  Don has a great gift for writing - he makes clutter funny and interesting and breaks down a solution in only a few simple steps. 


The Prairie Farmer September 4, 1982

Grandma apparently really loved the article as she underlined and circled many key points, including this:  ".....get rid of the junk - 70% of the stuff we keep shuffling and rearranging."  True back in 1982 and still true today.

I really think Grandma smiled down upon me when I found this article and the connection many years later.  Grandma was a smart woman and she taught me so much.   Among other things she taught me how to organize photos and how to organize a kitchen.   She taught me how to be an organizer.
My Grandma, Ethel - my mentor and my guide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th