Organizer vs. Aqua Net

The funniest things can happen when you are de-cluttering..............

Yesterday, while a client and I were de-cluttering her bathroom closet she came across a really old bottle of Aqua Net.  Well, my client is a very tactile person (a.k.a. she has to touch everything).  So when she said, "I'm just going to see if there's any left before I toss it," I thought okay, no problem.  The nozzle got jammed and it would not stop spraying! 



So picture this - she and I are standing in a very small bathroom, with a can of Aqua Net that is not going down without a fight.  No sooner do I say, "Put it in the shower," that my client takes off for the back door of the house - with the defiant Aqua Net in hand.  So, I follow after her.  She's alternating between laughing/screaming, screaming/laughing and I'm doing the same.  We pass her husband who's sitting at the kitchen table eating his lunch who's jaw drops to the floor as we fly by him.  She gets to the back door and tosses the offending can of Aqua Net into the snow to be dealt with later.  She looks at me and says, "I've always hated Aqua Net," and we get back to de-cluttering.

After a while, she comes across another aerosol can and says, "I'm just going to see if there's anything left before I toss it."  I'm like - "really?"  Gales of laughter ensue and at the end of the session I pack up all offending aerosol cans to be held until the next hazardous waste drop off at the fairgrounds.

That was a unique situation and both the client and I got a good laugh out of it.  So for the record the score would be - Organizer - 1 Aqua Net - 0.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th