Professional Organizers Aren't Just for Hoarders and the Chronically Disorganized

One big misconception for professional organizers like myself is that we are only for those who are really messy.  So messy that they can't open their front doors and they appear on the show Hoarders.  Not so.  Have I worked with and am I trained and educated to work with the chronically disorganized and hoarders - yes.



However, my service is for anyone.  I work with people who need a spruce up for their kitchen, closet, home office, etc.  For that situation, they may just want to consult with me and get ideas as well as possibly a step by step plan to get them de-cluttered and organized.  In that case, I talk with them over the phone and then schedule a time to see the space they need ideas on - I do this either in person or over the computer or through emails depending on where they live.

I work with professionals who's office or filing systems are not working for them.  I have set up a filing system for a client who just used the tops of surfaces to pile because she did not know how to set up a filing system.

I work with widows who want to de-clutter their homes, get organized and get a fresh start.

I work with mothers who need a room de-cluttered and then defined (in other words, the room has way too many functions and cannot function properly so I help my client define the space.)

I work with couples who have organized the basement on their own many times but the clutter and disorder keeps coming back.  I teach them how to de-clutter, how to organize the keepers as well as how to keep it organized.

Last year, I changed my title from professional organizer to organization and productivity consultant.  I did this because professional organizer never really encompassed everything that my job entails.  Yes, I help clients to de-clutter and get organized but I also teach them techniques and new ways of thinking that help them to be productive.

You can see some of my before/after photos on my Facebook page which hopefully will give you an idea of the varied clients that I have had the pleasure of working with.

Telephone consultations are complimentary, so feel free to give me a ring!  I love talking about solutions.  219-575-3821.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th