A Warning to Vacationers

If you are not vigilant on vacation and let your guard down for one minute, tchotchke's and brochures will invade your luggage, vehicle,  purse - even your pockets!

To guard against the evil invasion of the tchotchke's and brochures think before you buy:

Where will I put this when we get home?  If you don't have a space for it, don't buy it.

Will it translate into my normal life after vacation?

Can I just take a photo of it with my camera phone to look back at and laugh later?

Can I get this information online?  Brochures are a paper version of a website.  So, if you see an interesting brochure, take a photo of it or write the name in a notebook.  Look it up when you get home.

The photo above was taken with my smart phone at a Disneyworld gift shop a few years ago.  If you have been to Disney and have experienced the monorail transportation system, you know this phrase well.  I took a photo of the t-shirt to remember it.  I certainly was not about to buy it - where would I wear it?  And if I had purchased the shirt and worn it - most people would have no clue what it meant.  SO glad I only took a photo.

Just remember the questions above when the urge to purchase on vacation washes over you.  You will return home so much lighter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th