Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Change is uncomfortable.  It makes me uneasy.  It's unsettling.  Have you ever felt the same?

Change, for me, was also necessary.  Which is totally contradictory to what I just said, right?




A few weeks ago, I was talking with my coach and sharing with her that I was feeling super uncomfortable.  I was somewhat aware that I was changing, but I wasn't giving it my undivided attention.   Carol, my coach, explained to me that I was feeling was completely normal.  And I knew it - but I didn't want to necessarily deal with it.  She asked me to embrace it.  Once I did, I got even more uncomfortable.  It was one of the worst feelings I've ever experienced.  It was difficult for me to make a decision.  Who am I?  Who am I changing into?  Do my old thoughts and ideas match who I am becoming?  How is this change going to change the way I present myself, work with clients, live my life?

You know what? The moment I embraced who I was becoming, is the moment that everything shifted and I became really comfortable in my skin.






So what does that mean?  It means that instead of thinking and working the way I always have, I've changed the way I do both.  It's been both a challenge and a beautiful experience for me.
I feel like i've morphed from an organizer to a coach.  

This all started because I knew that I wanted to connect with my clients on a deeper level.  I knew that I could offer them more.  I knew that many of my organizing clients were just treading water and making it day to day instead of living their life purpose.  As just an organizer, I could not get them to a place of living the life of their dreams.  I could only help them remove their physical clutter.  After all, that's what they hired me for.

So, back in 2014, I decided to embark on a new journey of learning and I enrolled in a program to teach me how to become a coach.  That was difficult.  I had to dive deep into my feelings and investigate who I was.  I had to also then figure out how I would show up as a coach.  And I struggled with this until very recently.

I knew how other coaches showed up.  I tried to show up in the same way.  It just wasn't me.  I wasn't comfortable.
My journey, however, connected me with coaches that were showing up in a very relaxed, loving, yet firm way.  This was right up my alley.  In my mind, I had fixed it to think that I had to show up a certain way.  And, okay, in actuality, I do - it has to be me.  But the way I thought I should show up was not connecting with how I wanted to show up.

So how am I showing up?  I'm showing up as a strong, confident, fearless coach who steps over nothing.  I'm also a bit quirky and really, really real.  

Also, you may have noticed that my Facebook posts are not about decluttering and where to donate items - things like that.  They are going deeper.  Before I post anything, I have to ask myself - is this how I want to show up? 

I've been explaining to my clients about this change and how I'm now showing up and what I have to offer - leading clients to live their life purpose.  That had been super uncomfortable for me.  Will my client still want to work with me?  Will they understand?  Then I decided how I'm showing up for them.  This is me.  This is what I can offer to you now.  Are you in or out? 

I struggled with whether I should be transparent and share my journey with you.  Obviously I decided to share this so that you can understand where i'm coming from.


Are you changing?  Is it uncomfortable?  Are you ready to explore what it will look like for you to live your life with purpose?  

Let's talk!  Together, you and I, over the phone for 30 minutes will develop a plan for you to live your life with purpose and we will create a path to get you there.  This is complimentary.


In Joy & Confidence,

Wendy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freedom, quality time & breathing space