Can you see your future?

I was coaching my client, Carolyn today.   She was stuck in a mindset of only seeing her present circumstances or even worse - the past.  She wasn't seeing her future.  Turns out, she never thought about it.  




I asked her - What it would mean for your life once the paper piles are gone?  What it would mean for your life once the necessary repairs were made to the kitchen and bathroom?  What it would mean for your life once the dread, shame and weight off your shoulders was lifted?  She kept going back to how her home looked right now and the struggles she was faced.  She wasn't seeing her future.  But I was.  Carolyn is so close to having her home decluttered.  But she was still living in the past.

I told her that I had a challenge for her.  I asked Carolyn if she would close her eyes and visualize what her home will look like when it is decluttered, when she can find what she needs and when the overwhelming tension has been lifted from her shoulders.  I heard a deep breath on the other line.  She hadn't ever visualized her future - because she was struggling with the past and her present situation.  (Her present situation is rapidly improving.)

We began to talk about what she would be able to do with all the extra time she will have.  The time that she spent sorting through clutter and getting it out of her house.  The time that she spent worrying about the condition of her house.

"Well, for starters, I will be able to walk through to my living room without tripping or slipping on paper," Carolyn said.

I asked her - What else?

"I'm going to be able to spend more time with my mother."  (Carolyn's mother is 94!  So, time is precious.)

I asked her - What else?

"I'll be able to invite my family over to see my place.  We will be able to spend more time together."

Carolyn finally said to me, with excitement in her voice, "I've never thought about my life after clutter.  I'm going to start thinking about it."

I'm so excited for Carolyn!  She is nearing the end of her decluttering journey.  So far, she has removed over 40 bags and boxes from her home.  She is beginning to organize her belongings.  She is finding what she is looking for - easily.

I shared with Carolyn the value of visualization.  When you visualize an outcome - your mind, the universe and God (or whomever your higher power is) join together to get you that outcome.

Try it with a goal that you have.  See your future.  Do this on a daily basis.  Magical results will follow!

In Joy & Confidence,

Wendy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th