What Is Holding You Back?

The beginning of this year, I did some re-evaluating regarding my business.  I took some time to think about where my time and money were being spent and what kind of return I was receiving. 

After re-evaluating, this is what I did:

  1. I eliminated extra web pages on my website that were taking extra time to maintain and were unnecessary.
  2. I switched from using Constant Contact to using Mail Chimp for my newsletters.  (Mail Chimp is a free service and has most of the same functionality as Constant Contact.)
  3. Instead of offering a monthly newsletter, I now offer a quarterly newsletter.
  4. I eliminated one business networking group from my schedule.  This freed up my time (it was a weekly meeting) and my money (it was a huge investment.)  Also, it was not a good fit for me as this group did not represent my target market.
  5. I joined two business women networking groups who I really connect with and who understand me and what I offer.
  
Here is what happened after I implemented these changes:

Since I do not have the extra pages on my website to maintain, I could focus that time on my public speaking, which brought me in contact with more people who needed my services.

Since I eliminated the monthly newsletters, I now have more time to include more content to the newsletters.

Since I eliminated the business group that was not working for me and joining two that did, I have more clients and thereby more income.  I was initially scared to leave the first business networking group, but now that I have, I see that it was holding me back.

So, my question for you is - what is holding you back?  Not sure how to get started?  Eliminate one thing that you are questioning and see how you feel and see what new opportunities come your way.  You never know what opportunities are waiting for you once you eliminate barriers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th