The Value of Hiring An Organizer


I have been slowly clearing out my mother's house.  Through this process I realized my own value as an organizer.  I also began to really realize how my client's feel when they reach out to me for help.

Well, that's a fine kettle of fish!

I get hired because a client is overwhelmed and in need of advice, a plan and accountability. 

During my last clearing out session:

I lost my focus.

I was overwhelmed.

I had a plan - and then changed it.........like a million times.

I thought - I really need someone to stop me, talk through what's going on and get me back on track.   I need an organizer!  My second thought was - you ARE an organizer.  Pull yourself together!
I noticed what I was doing and stopped.  I stepped away from the situation.   

I regrouped and:

I found my focus, reduced my overwhelm and put a new plan into place by looking back at what I had accomplished.  I also looked ahead to what I could accomplish in the time I had left.  I also put the situation into perspective - the stuff didn't get into the house in one day.  It's going to take some time to get it cleared out.

Have you found yourself in a similar situation?  Do you need focus, accountability and a plan?  Click here to schedule your complimentary, no obligation 15 minute telephone consultation with me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th