Joy On The Other Side of Grief - Post #3 - Roses



I should not have smelled roses this time of year.  It is the middle of April in Indiana.  But I did.  Roses are nowhere near to blooming here this time of year.  Yet at the exact moment that I was reflecting and remembering Father John Strebig there was the very strong fragrance of roses.

Father Strebig passed away last week.  I attended his prayer service and afterward I went for a walk in the park.  I've walked this path many times over the years.  However, this time was different.  As I was thinking of Father Strebig I smelled roses.   In Northwest Indiana, in the middle of April - I am smelling roses.  

Then I remembered Father Strebig's devotion to Mary.  Part of that devotion is the association to Mary of roses.   What joy!  What an incredible gift from Father Strebig.

Father Strebig played a very big role in my life.  As a convert, he taught me the Catechism of the Catholic Church.  He joined my husband and I in marriage and when I was hospitalized many years ago for a burst appendix, Father Strebig was there and anointed me with the healing of the sick.  

I will always remember the day I smelled the wonderful fragrance of roses.

What joy can you find out of grief this week?

In Joy,


Wendy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Mastering Your Mindset and Overcoming Limiting Beliefs