La Dolce Vita - "The Sweet Life" Day 15

Welcome to La Dolce Vita - "The Sweet Life" - 22 Days in Rome.  

In Italy, life is slower and sweeter.  I want to bring "the sweet life" into my life.

I want you to experience "the sweet life" as well.  So, for the next 22 days, I will be posting about a memory of Italy - and how I brought just a bit of "the sweet life" back with me.


I never thought about my pharmacy needs before I went to Italy.  I had packed all of our over the counter medications and sunscreen so we were good.

What I forgot to pack - was the sunburn lotion.  Because we did.  Get sunburned - even with the sunscreen.

No fear - there is a farmacia on every corner.  

We found the closest farmacia and had a tube of lidocaine before you knew it.

The other thing we didn't pack?  Cough drops and kleenex.  Who knew that two of the party of ten would come down with a cold.  No fear - find the nearest famacia.  

The other thing I was fascinated by were the vending machines.  


From this vending machine, in our last hotel, you could buy anything health & beauty related.  Deodorant, shampoo, denture cleanser and sunblock.  


This was, by far, the most interesting of all of the vending machines.  Not only because of all of the choices but also because Italians are famous for not carrying around cups of coffee like we are here in America.

I was tempted to try a cup from the machine - but I knew there was no way it would be as good as the espresso you have to buy before you can use the water closet!

Ciao ......  till the next post!

Wendy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th