La Dolce Vita - "The Sweet Life" - Day 16

Welcome to La Dolce Vita - "The Sweet Life" - 22 Days in Rome.  

In Italy, life is slower and sweeter.  I want to bring "the sweet life" into my life.

I want you to experience "the sweet life" as well.  So, for the next 22 days, I will be posting about a memory of Italy - and how I brought just a bit of "the sweet life" back with me.


Before we left for our trip, we were watching Rick Steves travel videos.  On one video, he traveled to the Isle of Capri to visit something called The Blue Grotto.  I decided I wanted to add that to our trip and Steve reluctantly agreed (he hates water.)

It was truly breathtaking.

The journey to the Blue Grotto and the entry inside was - well, not.

First we got on a boat that took us to the vicinity of the grotto.  Then we were transferred onto a smaller boat because there were some on the larger boat not wanting to go into the grotto.  (They missed out!)  Then we were transferred into a very small boat.

I'm going to share a video clip that I found on YouTube that illustrates the fun we had getting into the grotto.




In our little rowboat there was the boat guy, Steve and me and a lovely couple from Great Britain.  I had to make friends with them quickly since as we were going into the grotto, I had to lay on top of them.  It's amazing how quickly you befriend someone in those situations.

Ciao ......  till the next post!

Wendy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th