La Dolce Vita - "The Sweet Life" Day 9




I didn't realize how much I enjoyed Venice until I began looking for pictures to post.  Evidently it really made an impact on me.  *Spoiler alert!*   (There is going to be a Venice - Day 3 post tomorrow.)
Our guide in Venice, Marco.
Marco was a great tour guide - knowledgeable, funny and well, good looking (I mean, come on ladies - am I right?)

At one point during the tour, in the square there were many, many pigeons.  Marco referred to them as the rats of Venice.

He said he was also happy we were visiting Venice since it's sinking.  Indeed it is.

We came across this creepy face - so of course I had to take a picture.  *Spoiler alert!*  There will be many more creepy statue posts to come.

Inside Doges' Palace.   More about this here.

As a child, one of my favorite cartoons was The Smurfs.  Imagine my surprise when I found "Smurf gelato."

"Puffo" gelato.  I didn't try it - but I did take this photo!

Venice.  So much to see and so much to take in.  In some ways, in this city, I was on information overload.

I had to take time each morning, in the quiet, to gather my thoughts.

Do you take time out when you are feeling mentally overwhelmed?    We all need to stop from time to time just to process.

Ciao ......  till the next post!


Wendy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Freedom, quality time & breathing space