An Elderly Indiana Farmer's Best Advice

My mom recently gave me some magazines and books that I had given my grandma - she passed away last May. I was thumbing through her Old Farmer's Almanac in which she made meticulous notes and dog eared many pages. I came upon this article and it made me smile. Evidently my grandma enjoyed the article as well - she has x's next to 1-5 and dashes next to 6-10. I wish I knew what that meant.........

An Elderly Indiana Farmer's Best Advice

1. Don't corner somethin' that you know is meaner'n you.
2. Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.
3. Most of the stuff that people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway.
4. Timin' has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
5. Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
6. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
7. Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled.
8. Always drink upstream from the herd.
9. The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with watches you from the mirror every mornin'.
10. Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.

I WISH I would have come across that last one before I trapped that raccoon last week. The only bother that thing ever gave me was leaving "presents" around the house. I am so thankful for my neighbor and my father in law for their assistance with rocky.............and I am NEVER trapping anything ever again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th