Flinging For Spring - and I Got Held Up By A Pair Of Capri Pants

Yep. I was going along so well with my flinging. Until I saw the wool capri pants - that I have not worn in at least a year. Are they in style? Are they out of style? They looked so cute the last time I wore them with my black 3/4 sleeve sweater and black embelleshed boots!

So, I used a method that I use with my clients when they are stuck on an item. It's called the "downward arrow" and I learned this method when I read Buried in Treasures by Dr. David Tolin. It goes something like this - let's pretend that I am working with a client who wants to donate her super cute wool capri pants but is stuck...

Me: What's the worst that could happen if you donate those capris?

Client: I would decide that I suddenly wanted to wear them and I would not have them.

Me: What's so bad about that?

Client: I might miss them.

Me: What's so bad about that?

Client: Nothing. It's not going to change the world. I would find another pair of pants in my closet that are just as cute.

And so that's how I got over my super cute wool capri pants that I have not worn in over a year and now have more room in my closet. I win!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th