I REALLY STEPPED IN IT THIS TIME……

Anyone out there a germ-a-phobe like me in public bathrooms? Do any of you flush the toilet with your foot? You know, hit the silver bar with your foot so the toilet flushes?

So let me set up this little scenario for you. My husband and I are at the York Train meet in York, PA held at the fairgrounds. Now, the women’s bathrooms inside the buildings are staffed by women who are continually cleaning the stalls, mirrors, floors, spraying air freshener, making sure the toilet paper and paper towels are stocked, selecting a radio station (not kidding), etc. Weirdest thing I’ve ever seen but then again, I won’t turn my nose up at a clean public restroom. So, there are signs posted that they work for tips so please be generous. Okeydokey.

So, I go to flush with my foot and I manage to flush but I also…………….lost my balance and my foot slipped. Yep, right into the still flushing toilet.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that at this time it was just me and the bathroom attendant present at the time? She must have heard something like this………….flush, PLOP, splash, splash (you know, me trying to remove my foot from the commode). I walked out, washed my hands and threw money in the tip jar…………not looking up once.



Now, after telling my husband what I had done and picking him up off the floor from laughter, I reflected on this whole experience. Why? Because it’s just what I do………….. And I found some positives:

1.  The water in the toilet bowl was not blue. Can you just see me walking around with one blue tennis shoe and one white?

2. I was wearing tennis shoes and not sandals. Had I been wearing sandals, I think I would have asked to borrow the attendant’s disinfectant right then and there.

3. Like I said before, these bathrooms are clean and I mean really clean. So clean that my right shoe was much whiter than my left shoe after its "christening."

So what I am telling you is – when you “step in it” or someone “slips up” and it affects you – try to think of the positives in the situation – and what you can laugh at.

Hope I gave you all a laugh and remember ……………….professional organizers are not perfect. We step in it every now and again!

Comments

Oh, Wendy. Too funny. I wonder exactly when my young girls will learn the lady's code of bathroom etiquette: flush with your foot, don't touch anything you don't have to, and for, Gosh sakes, HOVER, don't sit!
Wendy said…
Yes, Darla it is indeed a good lesson to teach.....bathroom etiquette. I just have to perfect the foot flush maneuver!

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th