De-clutter & Deck the Halls


Okay, I will admit it.   I have begun decorating for Christmas.  I could not help myself.

In the process of taking the decorations from storage, I decided to let some of them go.  Here is my criteria for what went:

1.  I no longer liked it. 
    Our tastes change over the months and  years.

2.  It was a gift from someone and I never liked it.
     It really is the thought that counts.......enough said.

3.  I no longer wanted to store it, maintain it or go all out decorating.
     You only have the space you have.  I am not willing to take up as much room storing my Christmas items as I have in the past.   I used to really go all out and decorate to the point where it looked like Christmas threw up in our home.  At this point, I just don't have the time or quite honestly the energy to go all out.  Simple is so much better!

I will be taking my un-wanted decorations to Goodwill.  Which is perfect timing for them since they can sell Christmas decorations now instead of storing them for next year.

I feel good about the amount of decorations I have at this point.  Just about every decoration has a special memory or meaning.  I cut out the rest of the "stuff."

I have not set the tree up yet - I will restrain myself until after Thanksgiving..............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th