Planning Schmanning....

I recently saw a post on Facebook about planning and why bother doing it.  I filed this in my memory and thought - I've got to write about this.

I am a  planner.  Always have been.  I have to get everything ready for the next day, the night before.  Files pulled, clothes selected, GPS programmed, etc.  That way I can get going without any roadblocks.  Now, there have been times when I've been too tired to prepare for the next day.  Those  mornings never go well.  I can't figure out what to wear, takes me forever to find the address to where I am going, I forgot I needed to leave a little earlier to get gas, etc.  Do you see why I'm a planner?  I really don't want to start my day like that. It just sets me up to have a rotten day - and who needs it?


In another post on Facebook, the topic was having an organized desk.  Much of the discussion was that it is not possible and only people with nothing better to do were organized.  Oh boy.  Let me tell you - I have much better things to do than to find the file that loose paper goes to.   However, locating the home for that lost little piece of paper - along with placing other items where they belong allows me time to do the better things.

If I were wading and sifting through stuff to find or do what I needed - am I really living my  life as I would like or am I just sifting and shuffling and then maybe having time after all of that for what I intended?

So for me - I will stay a planner with  nothing better to do.  What do you think?  Are you a planner or a fly by the seat of your pants kind of person?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th