I Forgot to Mention My Boot Trick!

I had the opportunity to organize Gabby Gonzalez's closet on WNDU.  Of course, after I got home and started to reflect on how it went I remembered something - my boot trick!  I'll talk about that a little later......

During our 1.5 hours together (yep, that was it) Gabby cleared out two boxes, donated 1 1/2 garbage bags of clothing and scarves and 1 box of assorted items.  We then used same size boxes to store her Halloween and Christmas items.  Same size boxes are key when storing because they are made to be stacked on top of one another.  I also installed a hanging shoe organizer to store her scarves and hats that were previously covering the closet floor.

The suitcases on the top shelf of the closet were used to store a comforter which was previously stored in the bottom of her closet and took up some much needed space.  Also, Gabby said that the suitcases on the top shelf worked for her - so I did not change that.  With my clients, I will change what is not working but I will go with what works.  Why waste time on a system that is working?

The items that were left on the closet floor were:  the big blue suitcase which holds her off season clothing, three seasonal tubs, a vacuum, a mop and a broom (which I recommended she purchase holders so that she can store them in the closet but up and off the ground) and the boots.  Now I can tell you about the boots!

My boot trick (that I forgot to mention to Gabby) is to take magazines that you intend to recycle, roll them up and place one in each boot.  This keeps boots from slouching in the closet - and gives you more space.

Here are the before and after photos of Gabby's closet:

Before
After







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th