Make Your Dreams Come True Day

A dream is a wish your heart makes.  Walt Disney

January 13th is Make Your Dreams Come True Day.  What dream do you want to come true today....this month....this year?

More time, a less cluttered environment, a dream vacation?

Have you considered creating a vision board?  I have had a vision board now for 6 years.  I read about vision boards in Jack Canfield's book The Success Principles.  I heard Jack Canfield speak at my first NAPO conference back in 2007 in Minneapolis, MN.  To say he was compelling is to put it mildly.

During that conference I also got to see Sarah Jessica Parker who happened to be promoting her new perfume line just down the street.  So just for the record - professional organizers are not just all work and no fun~!



Anyway, back to the vision board idea.  If the mind visualizes something enough it will eventually come to fruition.......or something along those lines was the jist of the vision board idea.  So I had a perfectly lovely board covered with beautiful fabric and ribbon which was completely empty.  I decided to give it a shot.

My board has changed throughout the years.  Some of the the things I listed on the board came to fruition such as coaching from home.  Some I outgrew and moved on.

As it looks now you will see a piece of paper at the top right that says "millionaire woman, read, Wendy" in my grandmothers hand writing.  I found this after she had passed away.....never did find the article it was attached to.  It floored me.   I had only started my organizing business about 2 years before she passed.  Grandma had enough confidence in me and believed that I could be a millionaire woman.  We will see if that happens - you never know.

My vision board

You will also notice several beach photos and a photo of a Nissan Murano convertible overlooking beautiful blue water.  It is a dream of mine to own a beach cottage and live there for three months out of the year....and to drive my convertible around all summer as well.  You are also going to find a couple postcards from The Hershey Gardens and the Hotel Hershey.  Otherwise known as my happy place.  My husband and I travel to Hershey at least once a year.  He goes for the Toy Train Convention in York and I go to visit my happy place - a.k.a. The Spa at the Hotel Hershey. The only place in the world that I can completely relax.  I relish it.

The Spa at the Hotel Hershey (my happy place).

Looking at the vision board as it is now I feel like I need to add to it.  Nothing drastic.......but you see, I have new goals and dreams.  Here's what I added:

My vision board after two additions.

The logo for One Good Thing by Jillie.  She is an awesome blogger and I want this blog to be as awesome as hers.  I will be working on that this year.

The one other thing I added was a photo of my bike.....the one I will some day own that is.   It's a little more blue in this photo (it's actually my favorite shade of green blue.)  I'm going to need this bike for my beach cottage.  (It so much more environmentally friendly than the convertible.)  This bike is going to be great for riding around town.  That basket is going to be really handy for carrying home fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers........

Here's to a fantastic dream-turned-into-reality 2014!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th