A Different Perspective

Recently I had to have an MRI.  I'm claustrophobic and scheduled an "open" MRI.  I had a panic attack anyway.  The operator came out and explained to me that if I looked to my left I could see through to the wall.  That helped.  I made it through the MRI.  That got me to thinking about changing the way I look at things.

So.....with National Stress Awareness day upon us (ironic that National Stress Awareness Day falls on April 16th - immediately after Tax Day) I thought this was a great time to talk about different perspectives.  

So, I'm thinking that we can look at stress a different way.  A good way.  I'm choosing to look at stress and ask myself - what can I be thankful for here?    Below is a clipping I found in a paper a few years ago.  I thought I would share it with you now.


So with regards to my panic attack in the MRI.  I am thankful for the following:

1.  Health insurance so that I could get an MRI.
2.  The very understanding MRI operator.
3.  My health and the knowledge that my body can heal itself - I just need to take time to take care of it.

Still feeling stressed out?   Following are some tips that work for me when I'm stressed:

1.   Take a walk (change your perspective!)
2.   Talk with a friend (change your perspective!)
3.   Take a nap.

Need some help changing a perspective?  I would be happy to coach you around that topic.  Call me today to schedule your complimentary telephone consultation at 219-575-3821.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th