Optimism, Hope and Faith

I've been reading Always Looking Up by Michael J. Fox.  In the book I came across a paragraph I believe to be spot on.  It is paraphrased below.

Chris Reeve said, "Hope is the product of knowledge and the projection of where the knowledge can take us."  Michael J. Fox writes, "If optimism is a happy-go-lucky expectation.....that things are likely to break my way, and hope is an informed optimism, then faith is the third leg of the stool.  Faith tells me that I'm not alone.  And as my years with Parkinson's disease have taught me, if any of those legs is missing, I'm gonna fall on my ass."



Figuratively, that's what I have found.  When I'm lacking any of the three - optimism, hope or faith - I fall on my behind.

Where do I find the trifecta of optimism, hope and faith?  In nature, in reading, in being curious and spending time with those that nurture me.

Where do you find optimism, hope and faith?

In Joy,


Wendy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th