Catalogs Are Dangerous! 3 Steps to Save Yourself - and A Few Hundred Trees.

I was talking with a client last week about catalogs.  She said, "I don't know I want something until I see it in a catalog."



Notice she said want not need.  Two very different things.  If you need something, you need it to live.  You cannot get along without it, or at the very least, it would be very difficult.  If you want something, you can live without it.  

Just yesterday I had a conversation with another client about her catalogs.  The catalogs she receives daily are invading her life.  They are taking her time away from what she truly wants and needs to be doing.  

The problem is - she cannot not look at the catalogs.

So I decided to do a little research and find out how difficult it would be to reduce the amount of catalogs I receive.  (Honestly, I don't receive many - but here are the results of my research).

1.  Call the companies and ask to be removed from their mailing list.

2.   Sign up on www.dmachoice.org to opt out of not only catalog mailings but also those pesky credit card offers.  

Once you sign up, you search for the catalog name, click on it and the website brings up contact methods to opt out.  For some catalogs, you get an email, phone or fax number.  For others, you only get a customer service phone number.

3.  Sign up on www.catalogchoice.org.   This is my favorite method so far.

Catalog Choice seems to have more catalog selections as well as an easy, online process to request an opt out.  You will need the catalog you wish to jettison because you will be asked to enter the spelling of your name, address as well as the account and key number on the back of the catalog.

I'm excited about this!  With the holiday season approaching I know that I'm going to get inundated with un-wanted catalogs.  So, bring it on catalogs - I know how to get rid of you - and save many trees in the process!

In Joy,

Wendy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th