I Would Never Hire You

I got to sit down and catch up with a long-time friend this past weekend.  A friend who has always been brutally honest with me.  A friend that I can count on to tell me how she sees it.  Even though at times what she says stings, I appreciate her candor and I appreciate her advice.

So when she asked how my business was doing, I told her straight out.  I said that lately, I had many prospective clients interested in working with me, telling me that they really need me and then......crickets.  It's like they fall off the face of the earth!

Then my friend said this - and I almost fell off my chair.  "I would never hire you - and you know I need you."

Huh?  Makes no sense.  So of course I asked her to expand on that statement.  And she did.  Here's what she said, "I know I can do it myself.  I know that I can clean up and get back on track with out your help."

So why doesn't she do it?  If she knows she can?  

She said she doesn't know.  She does know that she will get her life organized herself.

I'm curious.  Is this true for you?   Would you work with me?  Why or why not?

You know I asked my friend how being disorganized is affecting her, right?  How being disorganized is limiting her from doing what she loves, from being more joyful, from just enjoying life.

Yes, she knew all of those things.

Here is what it came down to for her.  Fear of change.  She said that if she worked with me, she knew her life would change and she was scared of that.  She had been living a certain way for so long, she didn't know any other.

Is that true for you?

I asked her if she trusted me.  Yes.  I asked her to think about what she could do once she got her life organized.  Of all the opportunities that awaited her.  She listed off a few like having more time to just chill.  And not having to make a bigger mess looking for "the thing" she needed at that moment.

Is that true for you?

So where did we end up?  From my friend, I got a new coaching client.  She's still scared.  Fear of the unknown.  But she trusts me. 

What's true for you?  Do you want to work with me?  Why or why not?  I'm truly curious so shoot me an email to let me know!  OrganizerWendy@me.com

In Joy & Confidence,

Wendy








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th