NAPO 2012 Part II - Sensational Sessions

So we kicked off conference with Ask the Organizer Panel featuring Golden Circle Members.  This is a 10 year conference tradition.  Prior to conference NAPO conference attendees were asked to email questions to the panel.  As organizers, we learn from one another so this was an exciting, standing room only session.

Ask the organizer panel featuring Goldn Circle Members
My next session was Golden Circle:  Reconnect/Renew, Revitalize Your Conference which was a three part session designed for NAPO Golden Circle members to have a strategy and accountabilty throughout conference.  Attending this session has allowed me to process what I learned at conference and implement it.


A room full of NAPO Golden Circle members.

Next session for the first day of conference was Stay Organized in the Cloud - Tech Skills for You and Your Clients.  This was an invaluable session for me.  With many of my clients updating to smart phones, iPads, etc. I need the knowledge to help them stay organized digitally.   The best takeaway that I had from this session was learning about client relationship management software.  Specifically Highrise and Salesforce.  This is going to be a gamechanger for my small business clients.

Next session of the day was How to Build Your Business with YouTube Marketing by Rich Brooks of Flyte New Media.  I knew I had to attend this session because I attended another of Rich's sessions at the conference in Orlando a few years ago.  He is an expert in his field.  Thanks to him, I will be utilizing YouTube for my business.  So.....watch for my videos.  If you would like for me to address a particular topic, email me and let me know.  You may just see your topic on YouTube!


Rich Brooks of Flyte New Media preparing to WOW us with his knowledge.
Clearing Clutter the "Fun" Shi Way was another favorite session of mine.  Debbie Bowie gave a fantastic presentation and taught us how to use this strategy with clients.  The best take away from this session for me was talking with clients about the energy of objects (good vs. bad) to help them release the items.


Clearning Clutter the "Fun" Shui Way

Digital Disorganization and New Organizing Skills by Judith Kolberg was phenomenal.  This session taught me new organizing skills to help my clients take control over their digital disorganization.  The best takeaway for me was teaching clients how the digital world interferes with their leisure time, inability to complete tasks and difficulty planning ahead - and how to turn it around by planning for digital activities, making time visible for clients and reminding them of their return on investment when they take time to plan.

Digital Disorganization
I am saving the best for another post because it will take one blog post to show you all of the wonderful goodness of the last session I attended - Organizer's Favorite Things.  Look for this post soon.  Lots of pictures and lots of info. coming your way soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th