La Dolce Vita - "The Sweet Life" Day 7

Verona.  The setting of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.  Juliet's balcony.

It was a rainy, dreary day when we visited Verona.  Perfect weather, in my opinion, to visit Juliet's balcony - considering the tragic ending to Shakespeare's tale.

If you have seen Letter's to Juliet, this location is pivotal in the story line.



Every day, you will find hundreds of letters to Juliet stuck to the wall behind her statue.  Letters asking for Juliet's advice and guidance.  Here's the amazing part of this story - the letters get answered.   



When I saw the movie before traveling to Verona, I thought it was only a story in the movie.  When I found out there are actually secretaries answering the letters, I was floored.  Then I thought about it - of course Italian's would take this on.  It's such a caring thing to do.

Since I've been home, I have been trying to keep the spirit of the Italian culture that I experienced.  Thinking about ways that I can make someone else's day just a bit lighter.  We are all so serious in America.

Knowing that I can write a letter to Juliet and have it answered makes my day just a bit brighter.

Ciao ......  till the next post!


Wendy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is uncomfortable - but gorgeous at the end.

Are you your own worst enemy?   Learn how to identify and overcome self sabotage during the Ask the Organizer-Coach Q & A Call on Wednesday, March 28th